I actually thought I would be doing monthly favourites all year but life got in the way and this is my first one of 2015! I have been trying some new things out through April and actually since the beginning of the year so I thought I could share my April beauty favourites with you today!
1. Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude Foundation / I have been obsessed with this foundation for whenever I have had an insomnia bout, it gives my skin this ‘inner glow’ which looks illuminating without being shiny or sparkly! I think it is really similar to NARS Sheer Glow too, plus it lasts all day without going patchy, would a comparison post be of interest?
2. Hand Chemistry Retin Oil / This one snuck up on me, I have lost a fair bit of weight and with that came some pretty nasty stretch marks. I did use bio-oil which definitely works but takes a bit of time, being impatient I decided to give something else a go and boy am I glad I did! This oil is amazing, my stretch marks have gone from red to barely pink in a few weeks and it smells amazing too. I have kept a picture diary of sorts to show the progress so let me know if you’d like a more detailed review!
3. NIP FAB Dark Circle Fix Triple Action Eye Cream*/ I struggle with dark circles and puffy under eyes (I have insomnia) and have tried a fair few different eye creams and gels. This NIP FAB one has genuinely helped reduce the appearance of dark circles, my fine lines look less prominent and my eye area just looks more awake. The biggest selling point for me is that it goes on under makeup really well, if anything my under eye concealer lasts longer when I use this!
4. Illamasqua Gel Blush in Charm / You can expect a full review of this and the contour stick soon but for now lets just say this is the gel stick version of my holy grail blush (Illamasqua Rude) it instantly perks up my complexion, takes 2 seconds to apply and feels cooling too- oh and it lasts all day. I am seriously in love!
5. Bleach London Reincarnation Mask / I recently bleached my hair to go lighter for summer and even though I have quite strong hair it definitely took it’s toll on it! I wouldn’t say it was a disaster but I noticed it has been a lot more frizzy and dry at the ends especially by the end of the day, so after a bit of research I picked this up and it really has transformed the condition of my hair. It is quite thick and I like to leave it on for around 5-10 minutes before combing my hair through and then rinsing out. It leaves my hair feeling nourished but not weighed down and the overall condition has really improved too!
6. GOSH Forever Lip Shines / GOSH is a brand that definitely deserves a lot more love, I talk a lot about their mascaras but the new lip shine pencils are just amazing! They give just the right hint of shine without making lips look too glossy, they feel like silk and they have really great colour payoff. It means that on lazy days I can swipe this on and look instantly put together and when I am making more of an effort I can pop this over my lipstick to give it beautiful shine and depth, I am obsessed!